Monday, July 28, 2008

Featured Seller: Sonya


Looking for a great little gift for a birthday, Christmas, or just because?? These cute little pouches in a wide array of patterns and colors are it!! The prices are great and they have so many uses. I recently bought two for myself and I use one to put all of my receipts in and one for my business cards. They would also be great to put gift cards in! Sonya is having a great sale so check out her items on the left before the sale ends this Thursday, July 31st, you can just click on any picture on the left to take you to her shop!
Sonya, the creator of these adorable pouches, was sweet enough to be my first featured seller! Thanks Sonya!
Check out her shop at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=220

How did you get started?

I’ve grown up in a huge family full of crafty women and have always been surrounded by handmade goods. My mom got me a sewing machine when I was younger but I never really got into sewing until I stumbled upon Craftster.org in the Spring of 2005 and then a few months later joined Etsy.com within a couple days if its launching. It took me a year to start selling on Etsy after I joined, but that was 2 years ago and I just recently hit my 1,000 sales mark!

What inspires you?

Color and fabrics really inspire me. I just love bright, happy colors and prints.

What do you love most about Etsy?

I love how incredibly easy Etsy is to work with and how simple it is to start a business with it. Etsy has given me an outlet for the things that I love to make and I love sending my creations all over the world for people to enjoy.

What do you love to do besides making awesome things?

I love to read, play Wii, spend time with my man, and be outdoors sucking up nature. Making things fills the gaps between the rest of my life.

What is your favorite item from your shop?

At the moment I pretty much only have my Mighty Mini Pouches for sale. I make larger bags and purses as well, but when life was busy with college and job hunting, the mini pouches were quick to make and sold like crazy, so I kept at it. I enjoy making them and use them all the time to help keep my bags clutter free.

6 comments:

CheyLoCreations said...

What cute pouches! Great interview!

CheyLoCreations~

kim* said...

great feature

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Nice Blog, eye catching color blend.

ella parry said...

nice gift, love the interview.

Tasha Early said...

Those pouches are great!

* Amanda * said...

That pouch is so beautiful! I love the fabric and the the little pearly button!