Sunday, August 10, 2008

Featured Seller: Boutique Mia


Our featured seller for the next two weeks is Boutique Mia. I have already purchased a pillowcase dress for my daughter and a pillowcase top and a pencil skirt for myself! She is so easy to work with and items are shipped so quickly, even though she custom makes them for each customer! Packaging is amazing and you feel as though you are getting a gift each time she ships something to you. Thank you for being our featured seller, Christel!

How did you get started?

Ever since I can remember I always told my mom, dad and anybody that would listen, I wanted to be a fashion designer. Actually even went to school for it, but felt I had to grow up and it would only be dream, never reality. So I went into the corporate world for 10 years. But finally realized there had to be more to life; Quit my job, sold our house and most of our belongings, moved overseas to travel and live. We ended up missing the States too much, so we moved back shortly after. We downsized everything, and relocated in Dallas, Texas. One day I took out my sewing machine to create and haven’t stopped since. If someone had asked me 10 years ago if I would be designing clothes, I would have laughed and told them “no way”. I could not be happier.

What inspires you?

Anything and everything, at times I remember an old clothing item from my favorite and dearest grandmother and I try to re-create it with a twist.

What do you love most about etsy?

All the fantastic creative people. The freedom Etsy gave me to stay home and showcase my craft.

What do you love to do besides making beautiful clothing?

Coming up with new ideas, of new creative things for my friends or I can do.

What is your favorite item from your shop at the moment?

My newest is the Aline a la' Tulip sleeve. When I started I was thinking...oh no...not very pretty and when it was done, I fell in love with the sleeves...just so pretty.

6 comments:

woolies said...

Great article - off to check out her shop!

Leslie said...

Awesome! She has a great shop. Great feature, very well written too.

Shosannah said...

I stumbled upon your blog over at etsy.
It's so creative!
Love this designer too. THanks for sharing :0)
SuzyQ

crochetgal said...

Very well written. And a great shop as well!!

SarahKate said...

Really nice article. What beautiful dresses too!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Great feature! Cute dress!