Sunday, August 31, 2008

Featured Seller: RaeChele's


I'm so excited to have this shop as my next Featured Seller! One gal is a great Etsy/Chat/Blog friend of mine, Michele. Michele and her friend Rae are opening a new shop on Etsy and tomorrow is the GRAND OPENING!! I can't wait to see all of the children's stuff they are going to list! They have amazing talent and I can't wait to see all the stuff they've come up with!

MICHELE says....

How did you get started?

I was 9 years old when I first discovered my grandmother's sewing machine. She took me to K-Mart (yes K-Mart) and bought me a yard of fabric and sundress pattern. I sat in the floor and laid everything out and cut what I needed. I put that whole thing together all by myself. It looked fantastic (at least to a 9 year old girl ) all except that I did not know how to put in a hem, lol, and I did not want any help. Needless to say, that beautiful little butterfly patterned dress never saw daylight.

What inspires you?

I would have to say that being able to be home with my son has to be what keeps me going. I could not imagine having to take a "J-O-B" and miss him growing up.

What do you love most about Etsy?

It would have to be the individuality. There are so many creative folks that create in so many ways.

What do you love to do besides creating for your shop?

Of course spending time with my family is what is most important to me. My husband and I have been married for 10 years and together have the most beautiful son and do not forget our very sweet Boxer Baby Tyson.

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment (or in your case, what will be your favorite item)?

I would have to say that it would be my Funky Diamond Dot Peasant Top.
It just turned out so spectacularly darling.

RAE says...

How did you get started?

Started sounds like there was once a beginning. As far back as I can remember, I have wanted to do some thing with my talents. My husband has been encouraging me for years, but I never really would have done any of this without Michele. She is the driving force, the beginning.

What inspires you?

Lots of things inspire me. I really love fabric. When I see a great print I think to myself, "How can I use this in a way no one else would to make something everyone will love?"

What do you love most about Etsy?

I love that Etsy has such a variety of creative individuals all together and so accessible. I love to just sit and watch the front page change every 15 seconds.

What do you love to do besides creating for your shop?

I have six kids. I love to be with my family. I love being a Cub Scout leader. I love to read. I love to watch my son's hamster chew paper. ( give her note cards on the fly) I find it vary relaxing.

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment (or in your case,
what will be your favorite item)?

I really don't know, each item is so different. My favorite things to make are the go-go style diva dresses. But since I am forced to choose, I'm going with the Cowboy crib set. ( Look forward to the Math Diva, I really think it's going to be HOT, but it's not done yet).

3 comments:

littlethings1 said...

Fabulous blog ! Wow , she has six children and is doing this ! Looks adorable & best of luck to the new shop on Etsy !

Linda said...

Love the little peasant top! Can't wait to see what else they come up with!

Cathe Holden said...

Happy Grand Opening to Michele! I'll take a look!!

(Your name spelled same as my sister’s : )